Collabhouse is where Music Makers expose and monetize, and Content Creators find and license music in a heartbeat. Collabhouse is looking for a Backend Developer to join their tech team.
About the job
We are currently seeking a talented and experienced developer to join the Collabhouse team. This position primarily focuses on backend development, accounting for approximately 75% of the workload, with the remaining 25% dedicated to frontend tasks. They encourage candidates who may not possess expertise in every aspect to apply, but a strong background in AWS microservice architecture is a must. This is a full-time, salaried, hybrid position, with offices based in Amsterdam, NL. Unfortunately, they are unable to sponsor work visas.
- Collaborate with the team to develop and maintain backend systems using AWS services, including Lambda, S3, Cognito, and AppSync
- Participate in weekly refinement sessions and actively contribute to building a robust product
- Join the KANBAN process, pick up tickets, and smoothly progress them from internal testing to acceptance testing, helping prepare for bi-weekly releases
- Utilize Git workflows, working in feature branches, making pull requests, and participating in friendly peer reviews to maintain code quality and foster a supportive environment
- Help product owners prioritize tasks by indicating difficulty using the Fibonacci sequence. If you’re feeling fancy, the Ferrari sequence is also acceptable
- Apply your experience in testing and debugging within a serverless environment
- Maintain a keen eye for layout aesthetics and ensure an optimal user experience.
- Strong familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and the ability to effectively utilize Lambda, S3, Cognito, and AppSync.
- Experience with React, GraphQL, and Gatsby. They also work with styled-components, Jest, yarn workspaces, and OpenSearch.
- Proficiency in working with MySQL.
- Comfortable with Git workflows, including working in feature branches, conducting pull requests, and actively participating in peer reviews.
- Possess strong analytical skills and excellent time management abilities.
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills, along with the ability to collaborate within a team.
- A passion for learning and implementing new technologies.
If you are a motivated and talented developer with a focus on backend development, this is an excellent opportunity to join the Collabhouse team and contribute to exciting projects. They value both expertise and a willingness to learn, so don’t hesitate to apply if you are eager to grow in a dynamic environment.
We look forward to receiving your application and discussing how your skills and experiences align with the requirements. We'd love to hear about you!