You love to inspire and challenge anyone working with you. And do you combine years of experience in games and tech with a natural drive for commercial success and do you want to contribute to the growth of young talent, then this might be the job for you.
Our client takes away barriers for the games business to grow. Driven by their purpose, they have become a trusted and truly global provider of games and esports data and analytics. They support some of the world’s largest entertainment, technology, and media companies in targeting their audience, optimizing their product development, tracking competitors, spotting strategic opportunities, and making big financial decisions.
Over 13+ years, they have developed long-term relationships with their clients by providing data, insights, and opinions they need to navigate to success in the ever-changing and -expanding field of gaming and esports. They have recently scaled up to 100+ people, working from their offices in Amsterdam, San Francisco and Shanghai, and plan to bring an array of new products and services to market. They operate three complementary businesses: consumer insights, consulting, and their own proprietary analytics platform, which brings together all the data, models and landmark reports in a single online destination.
As a Commercial Director, you will take their revenue growth and commercial capabilities to the next level. You will co-develop and own their annual revenue targets and ensure these targets are translated into concrete commercial action plans for their Business Development team, Client Success team and Sales Operations team. You will have a broad responsibility for their commercial capabilities, ranging from developing the commercial strategy, optimizing workflows and pricing, to identifying new revenue streams.
You will actively represent their vision, company, and services outside of their company through direct client contact, speaking engagements and initiating marketing campaigns. You will also be responsible for ensuring that input and feedback from the market is transferred to their strategy, marketing activities and the roadmap of their products, increasing product/market fit and overall alignment of their products and services with client needs.
You will lead by example. You will help their Client Success, Business Development and Sales Operations teams identify, prioritize and convert new opportunities at existing and potential clients. As many of their clients are companies headquartered in the US, you will use your hands-on experience of working in and with US companies as well as managing international teams to optimize and grow their commercial capabilities. Your experience helps you easily match market needs that are characteristic for the games business to their portfolio of market intelligence services.
For their talented commercial staff, you will serve as an inspirator and a coach, transferring your relevant knowledge and skills. You will drive innovation in terms of sales processes and go to market approach. Your deep understanding of how to scale a SaaS business and clear views on what key metrics to focus on, will help them to further build a high performing, data-driven commercial organization.
As part of our clients management team you help shape their long-term strategy and prioritize short term objectives from a commercial opportunity standpoint.
- Co-develop and own the overall commercial strategy and be the key accountable stakeholder for commercial success.
- Develop and achieve or exceed annual revenue targets.
- Work with Business Development, Sales Operations and Client Success Team Leads in creating processes and guidelines to enable teams to work cohesively and maximize revenue.
- Create new revenue streams and optimize existing revenue models; drive the pricing and packaging strategy for all portfolio products.
- Convert annual revenue targets into motivating goals, incentive plans, and action plans for Business Development, Sales Operations and Client Success teams.
- Lead, inspire and grow your direct reports and the wider organization.
- Ensure our R&D and product innovations are aligned with our commercial efforts, based on a deep understanding of our data and how it can solve client needs, helping minimize churn and maximize lifetime value.
- Manage, and report on, revenue performance and commercial initiatives.
- Develop and maintain an industry network giving you a steady flow of leads for your teams.
- Build relationships with our biggest clients and partners, gaining trust through your thought leadership on the games or esports industries.
- 10+ years of experience in fulfilling commercial leadership roles on an international level.
- Industry expertise and network in the global games, esports, or research/data business.
- Proven track record of successfully scaling up a business and commercial organization.
- Experience in using or commercializing research and analytics products and services.
- In-depth understanding of games ecosystem and how games companies use data.
- Drive to inspire and guide people within and outside your organization.
- Hands-on experience in managing teams spread across the globe.
- Experience working within an American business culture environment.
- Strong business-sense and gut feel allowing you to quickly prioritize commercial opportunities.
- An entrepreneurial spirit that easily navigates and embraces change.
- Ability to easily connect with people and excellent at building relationships.
- Energetic, dynamic personality with strong work ethic and desire to conquer the world.
- Flawless business English both written and spoken.
- MSc degree in Technology, Economics, Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Deep passion for games and the games or esports industries.
- Passion for disruptive consumer trends in games, sports, media, and tech markets.
- We love quirks! Let’s work your unique interests or talents into your job.
- Full-time job with international travel to offices, events, and clients across the globe.
- Preferred location: HQ in Amsterdam.
- A high-profile job at the center of the world’s biggest form of entertainment: games.
- Working with 100+ of the most talented people in the business totaling 30 different nationalities.
- Compelling compensation package including participation in our long-term incentive plan;
- Excellent secondary benefits including pension, healthcare and 25 paid vacation days per year.
- A continuous flow of social events initiated by our company and individual colleagues.
- A fun-loving company culture that has diversity and inclusion at its core.
Why people love working here
- Salary: Competitive salary and a good pension scheme
- Personal Development: An annual budget for personal development
- Location: Working in the heart of three of the most vibrant cities in the world
- Relax: Monthly chair massages
- Activities: Monthly after-hour activities
- Play: Daily ping pong, foosball, and pinball contests (sometimes out of hand)
Your intelligence, knowledge and skill set allow you to inspire and challenge anyone working with you. Bringing a relevant network with you will ensure that you can hit the ground running. If you combine years of experience working in games and tech with a natural drive towards commercial success and growth of young talent, this could be the job for you. If so, please get in touch with Petrie van Dorp at Born4Jobs, the career company.