The digital entertainment industry is changing at a rapid pace as new generations and markets are transforming the way entertainment is consumed.
Our client is the world’s leading games market intelligence company. Their global team specializes in understanding the industry, from interpreting consumer behavior to assessing the impact of new trends and technologies, such as streaming, blockchain, cloud gaming and more. As clients value our views and opinions as well as our data, they increasingly provide data-driven advisory services.
Our clients Consulting team aims to answer the industry’s big questions. With a cross-disciplinary practice that draws from all of their areas of expertise, they can deploy the full range of solutions and insights in service of complex consulting projects with some of the world’s leading companies.
Their clients, from leading game studios and technology companies to investors and consumer brands, have an urgent need to understand what is changing and how these trends will impact their businesses.We are therefore looking for a passionate, analytical, and client-focused Project Manager to drive execution of their advisory engagements in games, media, finance, and entertainment. In this role you will provide value to their clients via team leadership of strategic projects while leveraging your quantitative capabilities, consulting skills and industry knowledge. You will work closely with some of the industry’s most sophisticated clients at the C-suite level as they make key business decisions, succeeding by fully understanding their requirements (both spoken and unspoken), conducting robust analyses, and acting as a key strategic partner and trusted advisor.
- Lead and manage the execution of data-driven consulting projects for our clients globally, from start to finish. Typical projects will include supporting the internal strategy and game development priorities of game studios and their investors, as well as helping companies and brands develop gaming strategies;
- While leading a team of consulting analysts, utilize industry best practices, deploy best-in-class analytical techniques, and ensure robust quality, across client engagements;
- Follow and continuously keep up with industry trends, best practices, and strategies; provide thought leadership for clients while translating the relevant impact of market trends to their businesses;
- Support the acquisition of new Consulting clients by spotting commercial opportunities, and leading the project RFP and proposal process;
- Collaborate and coordinate with various external and internal teams to successfully deliver consulting projects;
- Communicate your personal views on key trends and developments in the games, media and interactive entertainment space.
- 6+ years of work experience, preferably at a game developer or publisher, or in professional services (banking, consultancy) in a capacity that serves game developers/publishers as your clients;
- Superior project management and planning skills; experience leading client projects end to end including managing people, timelines, and deliverables;
- Intellectually curious, innovative, creative, and a problem solver;
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think critically and not take everything at face value;
- Ability to digest lots of information and filter out what is valuable for us and our clients;
- Ability to convey your insights and opinions eloquently and diplomatically, even in the face of criticism;
- A strong interest in games, mobile, and innovative consumer technology;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills;
- Strong understanding of data modeling and/or game KPI analysis;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with a professional mastery of English;
- We love quirks! If you have unique interests or talents, we will work them into your personal development.
- A full-time job in an international work environment within dynamic, ever-changing, and fun markets;
- A flexible workplace in Amsterdam and international travel;
- Lots of direct contact with our partners, prospects, and clients;
- Plenty of room to develop yourself and shape your future career;
- Be part of a fast-growing, ambitious, young, and energetic team.
Why people love working here
- Salary: Competitive salary and a good pension scheme
- Personal Development: An annual budget for personal development
- Location: Working in the heart of three of the most vibrant cities in the world
- Relax: Monthly chair massages
- Activities: Monthly after-hour activities
- Play: Daily ping pong, foosball, and pinball contests (sometimes out of hand)