Fulltime Facilities Manager BeNeLux The Walt Disney CompanyNear Amsterdam Zuidoost
Using a combination of internal and external resources, the Facilities Manager aids in the planning and co-ordination of facilities services in the Benelux offices. As part of the Facilities Management team, you work closely with other members of the management team in delivering responsive and effective support to the business. You add tremendous value by leveraging the operational structure, established policies and procedures worldwide.
Areas of responsibility
The following Facilities Services are consistently delivered, ensuring superior results for end users:
- Security (working with the Disney Security Group)
- Access Control
- Catering/Food Service/Supplies
- Mail Room & Courier
- Office Equipment (copiers/fax/binders etc.)
- Office Supplies/Stationery
- Executive Car Service/Taxis/Bike Couriers
- Parking Provision
- Vendor management & relationships
- Landlord and other third party relationships
- Meeting Rooms/Screening Rooms etc
- Crisis Management
- Cleaning & Janitorial
- Space Planning & Office furniture
- Company Cars
- Telecommunications (mobile)
- Building maintenance & repair
- Flowers, Plants, Landscaping & Artwork
- Supervision of employed & contracted staff
- Major Service Contracts (e.g. Cleaning, Catering, Vending, Mailroom/Courier, Reception etc.)
- Monitor and report on appropriate SLAs and KPIs and constantly monitor standards and resolve any performance issues
- Ensure value for money and that the service is adequate to meet the needs of the business but not excessive
- Carry out regular checks to ensure that costs are in accordance with contract provisions
- Work with Strategic Sourcing to regularly review, generally by competitive bidding, all such contracts.
Standards & Procedures
- Devise strategy, procedures and controls for Facilities services.
- Developing and delivering strategies to support the business units.
- Use existing Corporate Standards, adapting them where necessary to suit local conditions.
- Continually review processes, procedures and systems, ensuring that efficient, user friendly, customer focussed solutions are consistently delivered.
- Liaise closely with colleagues. Liaise with other Corporate entities (e.g. Sourcing, HR, IS, Legal, Risk Management) as appropriate.
- Maintain frequent communications with building users and interface across all levels of the organisation, developing effective working relationships with senior management in the various business units, with an emphasis on face to face communication.
- Input to the annual budget/forecasting process, working with the Finance Director.
- Monitor expenditure against budget and bring exceptions to the attention of the direct Finance Director.
- Fulfil the procedures regarding purchase order authorization, especially where recharging of costs is involved.
- Always ensure that the Finance Director is aware in advance of unplanned expenditure and process for approval.
- Accurate budgeting, cost control and forecasting are essential as is adherence to the timelines from time to time issued by the Finance team.
- Always seek approval for unplanned/unbudgeted expenditure and comply with the company’s requirements for competitive bidding etc.
- Motivate Facilities Administration staff in order that they perform to the level necessary to achieve the standards mentioned above.
- Deal with operational, training, motivational and disciplinary issues in order to ensure that the highest level of service is provided to the company within the constraints of the resources available.
- Coach and lead Facilities Administration staff to success.
- Demonstrate skill sets in selling ideas and concepts, and capable of managing diverse business styles and interfacing at all levels of the organisation.
- Must be able to develop a strong client focussed approach that is proactive in developing solutions. Communication skills are of paramount importance.
- Must have effective listening skills when responding to clients, a pleasant personality and be able to resolve issues in a firm, flexible but equitable manner.
- Must be able to remain calm in stressful political situations.
- Develop long term goals and develop strategic plans for the facility.
- Must be able to change priorities as situations change.
- Able to manage many diverse activities concurrently, but always remaining focussed on the priorities.
- Able to aid in the implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Able to bridge cultures in the implementation of policies, procedures and workplace strategies
- Strong strategic, operational and analytical approach in establishing and implementing policies and procedures, building consensus amongst the business units, and creating synergy.
- Self-motivated, organized, strategically minded, and capable of managing in a diverse, political and cultural environment.
- Must also be willing and able to effect major change and drive new practices without causing discord in the organisation.
- Strong communication skills are paramount.
- Thinks Strategically
- Builds Relationships
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives results
- Inspires Creativity
- Champions Change
- Builds Teams
- Exhibits Professional Excellence
Experience and Professional Qualifications Required
- HBO Degree (preferably Bachelor degree in Facility Management)
- Experience / Knowledge of all aspects of Facilities Operations.
- Familiarity with the MS-Office range of Computer Programs (especially Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- At least 5 years of experience of working for a (international) matrix organisation.
- Fluency in Dutch, English and preferably French.
Apply via the button below. Any questions about the opportunity at this world famous company? Please call Tom Oudshoorn at Born4Jobs: 035 6310231 or send him an email.