Fulltime Network EngineerNear Amsterdam
TVT Media prides itself on the creative use of technology. As the boundary between the application-layer and platform-layer becomes increasingly blurred, this role is pivotal and demands a broad technical understanding and passion for the media industry.
- Part-of the Platform team deploying and maintaining highly reliable, scalable and secure systems and applications
- Providing support, exception handling and mentoring regarding networking systems and security for operational teams
- Design / architecture of networking and security relating to components and service
- Defining and implementing internal processes and standards
- Evangelizing new technologies and methods
- Collaborating with users;
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Facilitating Agile work streams for the technical teams
- Happy to represent the business on projects you are passionate about
- Passionate about Security and Networking Ability to make systems sing:
- Translate user needs into solutions
- Manage tools through their entire life-cycle; including documentation and version control
- Build upon and maintain Enterprise tools.
- Excellent knowledge of Firewalls based on Checkpoint VSX& *nix IPtables
- Excellent knowledge of Cisco infrastructure and configuration IOS & NX-OS
- Excellent knowledge of authentication systems (e.g. LDAP, Radius, Tacacs etc.)
- Good working knowledge of Networking infrastructure & Security (OSPF, BGP, VPC, Multicast IGMP & PIM)
- Good working knowledge of penetration testing and server hardening
- Good knowledge of VPN and encryption technologies (IPSEC, SSL)
- Good knowledge of *nix operating systems.
- Good knowledge of monitoring systems (Solarwinds Orion, Grafana, snmp based tools).
- Working experience in a mixed *nix and MS environment
- Good working experience of virtual environments and High availability
- Setting up and maintaining centralized logging and monitoring.
- Willingness to get stuck into hardware specification and provisioning
- Creative thinking
- Insatiable hunger to expand technical skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Comfortable contributing to an agile environment
- A proactive problem solver
- Keen documenter and contributor to the TVT Media’s continuous improvement
- Automate whenever possible (SDN and Puppet config management combined with Git).
- Excellent written and spoken English
The company offers a dynamic media environment and an enthousiastic, skilled team. Salary and benefits are excellent. This is a complex, challenging role and we warmly invite senior candidates to apply. Any questions? Please call Anca Beije (+3135 6310231) or reach out by email.